You MUST make time to get over to Guy Kawasaki's blog and read his latest post on "Hindsights II". Very wise indeed! I'll give you the short version sampling, but MAKE the time to go over and read the detail.
1. Things are never as good or as bad as they seem.
2. You can love an adopted child as much as a biological one.
3. The key to child delivery is one word: “epidural.”
4. People act like their last names sound.
5. If you think someone is an orifice, everyone else does too.
6. Life is too short to deal with orifices.
7. Entrepreneurs are always a year late and 90% high in their “conservative” forecast.
8. Judge others by their intentions and yourself by your results.
9. You don't have to answer every email.
10. Always use the toilet in an airplane after a woman.
11. Never ask people to do something that you wouldn't do.
If I had to vote, my favorite would have to be #8 Judge others by their intentions and yourself by your results. In case you're not familiar with how the quote is traditionally written, it goes something like this:
"We judge ourselves by our intentions, and we judge others by their behavior or results". In other words, we hold other people to a higher standard than we hold ourselves. So true!
Let me ask you this... If you started judging yourself by your results (rather than your intentions), what would be different for you?
Thanks Guy! Great Post!